Sunday, December 13, 2009

my purple water lily


Three days ago, I said that I needed a new gardener and today, one turned up at my doorstep. He was selling plants and I just happened to be there when he drove past in his truck full of plants. He stopped and asked me if I wanted to buy some plants I said "no", then he came out of his truck to ask me if I needed a gardener!!...he said that he was retiring and asked me if I had gardening work for him. (of course I eventually bought some plants- I bought a purple water lily and I bought a few other plants.)
I asked him if he could look after my garden like his own, he smiled and said yes, he had a kind face and we walked around the garden and he shared his knowledge of plants with me, what is edible, what is not, healing qualities of certain plants...He was perfect!
And I didnt have to go out and look for him. He just turned up. They say that you dont have to do much, just sit back, relax and align with the universe.... I cant say that I do it all the time because the "control freak" and super achiever in me sometimes manages to get me all " stirred" up. But when I do let go and relax, things flow so smoothly.
There is a joy in "allowing" things to happen...because you melt into whatever is around you ...like when you lie in a hammock and sink into that moment's pleasure... you become one with everything... you open yourself up to life and in return life opens up to meet your heart's desires.
I didnt even know that I wanted a purple water lily but I know everytime I look at it...it will remind me of surrendering to the universe and allowing things to flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment