Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hugging the day!

I was listening to some music today and I havent heard this one in a while , by Enya, Wild child and the words struck me, one sentence in particular " let the day surround you " .... and when I heard it , I had this image of the day "hugging" me. It brought me back to childhood instantly. The memories that come to mind are the ones of me lying on the grass under the sun and feeling the warmth of the sun... and as I did this, I will drift away into "nothing"....(...well...until my grandma would call out for me and ask me to come into the shade..." come in quickly, out of the sun, if you get too dark, noone will marry you!")...ha..ha.."

I had that feeling today, that warmth of being surrounded by the day...no judgements... just acceptance... everything is ok ... everything is just right...everything is exactly as it needs to be. But will that disappear when I get into work?...probably ... but every now and then , when i become aware of my state, I can let the day surround me and be one with the day.

The first two verses of the song below:

"Ever close your eyes
Ever stop and listen
Ever feel alive
And you've nothing missing
You don't need a reason
Let the day go on and on

Let the rain fall down
Everywhere around you
Give into it now
Let the day surround you
You don't need a reason
Let the rain go on and on"

Every day we get on the planet is a special gift that we take forgranted. We dont know what the future holds, infact we dont even know what the next hour has in store for us... all we have is now and the gift of today. With that in mind, I am going to embrace today wholeheartedly and give it a great big hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment