Thursday, December 3, 2009

Drinking Life...

Claudine, who used to work with me used to tell me...."just breathe" ..., whenever I got worked up. She even sent me messages to remind to breathe deeply whenever I had something big happening.
When we breathe deeply, we connect with life around us. Its such a simple thing to do and its effects are quite dramatic... for example when I started writing this piece about breathing deeply, I found myself taking deep breaths.Within minutes Claudine rings me on my mobile( we havent spoken in more than 6 months!) I answer the phone and tell her that I was just writing about her on my blog and she says " I just read your blog and wanted to ask you about today's challenge" We spoke about life and we spoke about gratitude and how the little things seem bright and "sparkly" when we are connected with life and centered within ourselves. The things we take forgranted... like the phone call from Claudine is a bit of magic,that life throws at you when you connect with it. Both of us got such a buzz from it.

My daughter, when she was 3 or 4 years old, used to stick her head out of the car and open her mouth and if I asked her what she was doing , she would say, " I am drinking the air " That made me smile and sometimes both of us "drank the air" together when we sat outside by the pool.

So the next time someone says " lets drink to life" ...I am going to make sure that I take a deep deep breath and connect with life and its magic before I drink my toast... and I will reply by saying " Yes.. lets drink to a magical life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment