Monday, March 23, 2009

The wandering dog salutes Earth Guardians..happy birthday..

Hip Hip Hurray to the three people I know who are born on the 24th . I have been told that anyone whose birth date adds up to a 6 is a champion of people. They have big hearts and go out of their way to look after the people they love. My friend refers to this group of people as 'Earth Guardians"

To my My best friend - who would do anything for me, who came to see me in another country with a broken ankle so that she could give me morale support through challenges I faced at that time. ...I have learnt courage and tenacity from you. You are a true warrior and you display integrity and compassion at the same time. and your laughter.... is infectious.

To my Best boss - for believing in me and trusting me to carve out the vision and strategy for a new business direction. Most of all for giving me space to be me. I have learnt to come into my own power and stand up for what i want. You remind me of a lion, just watching the world go by and every now and then something catches your attention, and you light up and go for it. I enjoy the almost 'child like' curiosity you display when you find something that interests you.

My best partner in crime - for being there for me when my dad passed away, for being so open to learning about new cultures.... You have this way of making me laugh in the middle of a "serious" discussion and by watching you ,I have learnt how to be a real friend. There is something Regal about you. You hold your place and have taught me to rise above the occasion.

So what if three people share the same birthday? - Some may say that its a coincidence... I don't think so ... I think people come into our lives to serve a purpose and we are in their lives for a reason too. We have something to learn from each other and when we have learnt all we need to , we move on. I have a saying that summarises relationships in my life " Life is good with you and life is good without you" On the surface, it sounds like if I don't care whether people come or go in my life. This is not what I am saying. Its about an attitude to relationships, one where I like to give space to the people I care about so that they are in my life by choice and not because they have to. It also reminds me about the impermanence of relationships so that i don't take the relationships I value, for granted.

We need more " Earth Guardians" in our lives because they help us lift from the everyday "grime" and make us extend ourselves for them but in the process we gain as much. After all , when we look back at our lives, all we will remember are good times we had with friends and loved ones and the times when someone reached out to touch our hearts.

I have a unique perspective when i see my three earth guardians- I have a view that the rest cant see. I wonder why I have three earth guardians in my life today and it makes me smile ...maybe that's just the way its meant to be.


Happy Birthday to my Earth Guardians... keep doing what you do, thank you touching my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment