Wednesday, March 11, 2009

one step at a time...

Even though I don't show it, I am sometimes a bit of a "worrier" on the inside. I worry about my kids, the people I work with ...all the people i love or care about.... my pet, other people's pets... the list goes on. I know that worrying stems from fear and I know that fear is a lack of confidence in life. Its not that I don't have confidence in life. I do, in fact , I think that life is BRILLIANT most times...and that's the catch..."most times". There's a song (forgot the name of the singer) but I remember the words " some days are diamonds and some days are stone"


When I get into one of those rare 'stone' days, these little worries that sit inside me , suddenly start taking centre stage and becoming really big. When I tell anyone this, they are surprised because they assume that my life is great and everything is perfect. I think the problem lies in wanting perfection or everything to be working all of the time. Whenever I get asked the question of how I balance my life, my reply is that I don't, its not always balanced... some days are great and some days aren't so great. This is the way it is for most of us, but sometimes we see snippets of someone else's life and we assume that this small part is reflective of their whole life.
Especially when we read about people and their lifestyle in the media. The media has a way of "glamorising" life's of celebrities and young people in particular fall prey to this and assume that if they had that kind of a lifestyle then life would be 'perfect'

The problem with this kind of thinking is that it makes us 'soft' because we don't embrace the challenges that come our way, it makes us resent the life we have and envy someone else's. The reason why someone is famous or has an interesting life is because of what they do with it and how they live it. When we compare, we stop living our life and start wanting or longing for something that sits outside of our life. This makes us not live in the moment. What we do in each moment is what determines whether we have a great life and if we are absent from our life because we spend our life longing for something or someone, the opportunity to be great passes us by.

Here is what I have learnt in my travels through life and it works:

1. When we want something , we stay in the 'wanting', we get what we want by doing
2. Be happy for someone else's success, jealousy and envy makes our vibration dense and stops us from lifting higher and opening up to our full potential
3. Be happy with what we have now, success attracts success
4. Visualising what we want in detail helps change our mindset to attract opportunities that are in line with what our visualisation
5. Accept the 'stone' days as opportunities to grow and accept that everyone has some kind of "cross to bear" meaning we all have challenges to work with , it could be a health challenge, relationship challenge, money challenge ...depends...if we look closely enough, everyone is working on some life theme or pattern.

We need to make everyday count, the fact that we wake up in the morning and can still see, hear, smell, taste, feel, walk in itself is quite fantastic. My dad lost his vision and hearing in his old age, which affected his mobility, watching him go through his life, made me aware of what a gift it is to just have these faculties working. Sometimes I would close my eyes and ears to try and get a feel of what his world was like. He wasn't always positive but there were days when he would hold my hand and tell me that he is happy because he has everything he wants in his life.
This is what i choose to remember of him.

The people around us get an experience of us by the way we live our lifes. We have choice in each moment to make it count for them and for us. Make today count, Sark in her books, talks about micromovements, small little movements that we can make towards our goals. This is what i do when life gets a bit overwhelming, (after i have scared myself with the big picture ...) I settle down to think of what micromovements i can make towards the life i want.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment