Friday, May 22, 2009

Round and round ... up and down...

Everything works in cycles, with a beginning and ending and its also interesting how things go one full cycle and come back to source. Sometimes the middle bits are bumpy but this is also where the happy bits are. And when we face challenges, it is a kind of test and usually with perseverance we get the other side intact.
There are times though when you never quite get to the other side because someone quits half way. For eg. in a relationship, both parties need to be willing to work at it, if only one party wants to do it, its not enough.
And then, there is also the flip side of things when there is wisdom in knowing when to get out/ stop working on something because there are times when your spirit gets sucked out. Nothing is worth that price.This week, I have seen a marriage fall apart, a good friend land up in hospital with memory loss and two friends quit their job.. Pretty grim?? .. Yes in some ways but from another perspective it's about new beginnings and fresh starts.
As humans we don't like change and want everything to be permanent .. But we delude ourselves when we do that. Nothing is permanent, life is dynamic and change is inevitable. Its hard to do but its the only way I know.. Instead of holding on to something and trying to keep things the same, maybe going with the flow and accepting the process of life could open up a brand new window into the future. .. I find that being thankful for everything that life has shown me so far and affirming that only good comes to my life always works.
Not easy to do .. But what are the options ?? Change is going to happen whether I like it or not.. I might aswell embrace it and direct my thoughts to what I want.
I send my friends- courage and strength to stay connected to their spirit, and live in hope. I know they will come through this bumpy time happier, lighter and more connected with their spirit. Pain does that to us, after the initial shock, it makes us go within to find our essence. Isn't that what life is about.. Cycles .. Getting back to core.. Going back to source.

No comments:

Post a Comment