Saturday, May 23, 2009

Its my mess and I like it!...

Whatever happened to personal contracts?? a personal contract is when you say you will do something... if doesn't have to be written... your word is binding enough ... it is a contract that you either make with yourself or others?
when two people say that they will love each other for the rest of their lives or when friends say that they will look out for each other or when you say to yourself that you wont do something that hurts you or others...
It seems these days that words are cheap - anyone can say these things but it requires discipline and respect for someone to deliver on his or her word.
Today, my thoughts revolve around my own personal contracts, if i keep my word.. if I do this as a discipline in my life. I think I do this for others in general but I am not so sure if I do this for myself. This is something I need to work on. But when???

We are always waiting for the perfect moment to get started on things. I know for sure that in my life, everything these days is centered around my house move. When I move house , "I will start doing this"..in some ways it is easier to start on something when you embark on a new journey....its about new beginnings. Its like if you get a fresh new lease/page to start all over again. Especially when it comes to moving house because you get to throw away things you don't want. I know that when I do this, its not just a house move, its a de-clutter of my life as the things i discard were a part of my life. I guess , its similar to a detox ... when you do the same for your body...I think its all connected anyway. My view has always been that its all intertwined and everything in our lives are a reflection of where our life is at this point in time.
As I pack my stuff, I wonder why I didn't toss some of it out ages ago... i guess I wasn't ready and it was a prop.. it served a purpose ...a reminder of where my life was. Boy .. have I come a long way when I look back!

My kids found some "love letters" when they were helping me pack and they started reading them out in a " romantic" voice...that was really funny. They have the right attitude ...laughing and giggling at where we have come from : in a way its funny. Its like when you look at old photos and you go " I cant believe I wore that !" same thing ... when I look back " I cant believe that I did that"

Someone told his wife that she cant come to me for relationship advice because I messed up in that area... my reply was " that's true" ... perhaps she should because someone who has messed up is more qualified to speak about a topic ... like if you want to learn business, you also need to talk to the people who lost it all and became bankrupt...in fact some of these people have turned around to become much better business people. If you look at it from that perspective than I guess my whole life is kind of "messed up" but I like my mess and my mess tells me where I have been, where I don't want to go again and where I want to go. My mess has served me well and its still one helluva journey... a fantastic adventure to say the least. New Beginnings...here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment