Sunday, January 10, 2010

my friend ...the dragonfly



There is a gift waiting for us within every challenge we face. Sometimes we cant see it straight away but its there. And even though I know this, there are times when I get really frustrated or impatient with myself because I cant see the "gift" in the situation. Its got to do with the state I am in . I find that when I am in a space of gratitude , things flow freely and effortlessly ... I find answers and see things clearly. There is no agitation, instead a sense of peace , a sense of knowing that everything will take care of itself..... I just have to turn up and be fully present in the moment.

The times when it doesnt work for me are when I try to hold on to this experience ...when you see a butterfly or dragonfly in the garden ... you dont try to hold on to it... you watch it... you be with it for a while by noticing its colours and enjoying its presence and then you watch it go away...knowing that it will come back again.

I like dragonflies and I was recently watching a video on dragonflies and how they can travel long distances across the ocean. I didnt know that. The dragonfly also has a life span of about a year but  the time it spends as an adult is only about two months, the rest of the time, its either an egg or nymph. Which kind of makes it special  because it needs to live its life to the fully in the short time it has.... Some people say that  "Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change" ( dragonfly site.com) 
 
I can relate to that... if i wasnt a wandering dog... I would be a dragonfly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment