Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Heartful" Lover....


I was listening to an old song this morning and it was about how lovers have a language of their own...called "lovers speak" by Joan Armatrading. It was given to me some years ago by someone I loved dearly and whenever I heard it, I would feel a sense of regret.... that relationship had to end. However, this morning when I heard it....it was different. It made me smile....this sentence in particular :

"lovers walk a looser tightrope...with feathers thrown upon the ground"

It made me think about how people are when  they are in love.... it is  a time when everything is wonderful, and we are so grateful for all our blessings...because our heart is open.
Why do we only limit such an experience to when we are in love?... and i am speaking about the early stages of love... after a while we fall into a routine - the chores take over and we sometimes even forget to see the blessings.
What if we could all be lovers of life and call upon that state that we get into when we just fall in love.... this is what made me smile!
I was thinking about how we limit our view of love to just our family, children and partner and how we so badly need to love everyone and everything in the same way by recognising that part in us that connects us to all of life around us. Its not my idea... lots of spiritual leaders speak about this and Echkart Tolle in his book " a New Earth" says that we are all connected and that what separates us is the ego's need to take ownership and label things and relationships.
So this is where I am at today : connecting to that inner essence to everything around me"  and seeing beneath the identities and labels"  That makes me very happy. All of us want to be loved and for me the only way to do that is to embrace that opportunity to love right now ...wherever we are at this point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment