Monday, November 30, 2009

Feel the fear and do it anyway

I remember reading a book that was titled " Feel the fear and do it anyway"
I have been keeping my blog a secret as I was afraid of how people might respond to ,if i opened it up to the world. What if someone criticises me or says that my writing is " crap!" ... what if I start letting the fact that someone is going to read my blog color the way I write?? .... and then I realised that even that is just a part of my journey....what have i to fear?

Somehow we have this unrealistic view of life that everything needs to fall in place and that we need to move from success to success or from one good thing to another. Some days, my writing will be "crap" and somedays I wont feel so upbeat about life ...so what?  For me blogging  helps me clarify my thoughts and it helps me make sense of my world. If in the process , I happen to touch someone else's life who may be  feeling the same way ...great! ... then I would have lived more fully today... I would have added in someway to me and the world.

If it all boils down to one thing I want from my life , then its to be authentic and live in my power. And when I think of that , nothing else matters more... !!! Everyday lived in that way is another glorious day. Doesn't mean I dont feel the fear.. or "scare myself crazy" ...sometimes I do  but the more I accept the emotions I feel and acknowledge them, the more alive i feel. It frees up my energy and let's my spirit fly by ... all that by simply doing nothing , just being aware. Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment