Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The bigger plan....

Sometimes life throws situations at us where we have no choice but to face it head on. Today, I am thinking about partings and how we say good bye...sometimes its a permanent goodbye because someone dies, or a goodbye that's temporary because you know that your work with each other is not done and so you will meet again. I also had "staggered" goodbyes...not planned ...but it happens over time where you start drifting away slowly from someone...consciously or unconsciously.
Sometimes we postpone goodbyes because its easier and less uncomfortable to deal with it, even though we know in our heart of hearts that something better awaits us because the flip side of a parting is freedom to choose a new adventure. and while this makes sense at a mind level, on a emotional front it can be scary especially if we don't know what awaits on the other side of the door. And it is my belief that what lies on the other side of the door , really depends on our own attitude... whether we believe that we deserve something better in our lives.

Whichever way it happens... goodbyes generally tend to be uncomfortable for me... I am not sure if it is for others especially when it comes to a parting of ways. I guess it reminds me of the impermanence of life....that we cant really take anything for granted.

Here is what I do when I stand at the doorway of change :

1. Affirm that only good will come into my life , that something better awaits me, that I deserve better
2. I thank the universe for giving me the experience and bless and thank everyone who has contributed to this parting ... "good or bad" ...doesn't matter as its just our labels
3. Believe that everything that is happening is happening for my highest good
4. Let go and let god and ask for my angels to hold my hand and walk with me through this time of change.

The past two years of my life has been about saying goodbye in different ways, some just happened and others were conscious decisions on my part. Just when i think that I am done with it, another opportunity will emerge for me to practice my heart muscle and say goodbye again.
And even when I have said goodbye.....I notice that I still carry pieces of the people I have said goodbye to and I am sure they carry a piece of me with them. Have you ever noticed...when you are lost in your own thoughts...people just pop up in your mind... i think its the pieces of people i carry with me that show up in my thoughts.

This is for anyone who has to say goodbye... Know that there is a bigger, grander plan for you ...one that is exactly right for you....one that allows you to be you.. fully...or rather " be you to the full "(BEAUTIFUL) and live out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment